BEAM x BOSE GIVEAWAY
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW OR REGULATIONS. WINNER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL ASSOCIATED COSTS TO REDEEM THE PRIZE.
- SPONSOR: The sponsor of the Beam x Bose Giveaway (the "Giveaway") are Beam Organics and Bose Corporation (collectively, the "Sponsor"), whose decisions are final and binding as to all aspects of this Giveaway. Sponsor may promote and advertise this Giveaway using services provided by Instagram, Inc. (“Instagram”), Facebook, Inc. (“Facebook”), or Twitter, Inc. (“Twitter”); however, this Giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter. Any inquiries regarding this Giveaway are to be directed to Sponsor.
- BINDING AGREEMENT: These Official Rules ("Rules") constitute a legally binding agreement by and between Sponsor and entrant ("Entrant(s)"), and govern entry in the Giveaway. By participating, Entrants fully and unconditionally agree to abide by these Rules. Failure to comply with these Rules will void an Entrant's entry. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Entrants and/or Potential Winner may be required to provide proof of identification and eligibility as required by Sponsor. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any other Giveaways or promotional materials and the terms and conditions of these Rules, these Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to persons who are legal residents of, and physically located within, the 50 United States or the District of Columbia, and are at least 18 years of age or older at time of entry. An Entrant's entry into the Giveaway will be deemed to be a representation that the Entrant is 18 years of age or older. The Giveaway is void in Rhode Island, and all other United States territories outside the 50 United States, and where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Employees of Sponsor, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate family members (herein defined as spouse, parents, siblings, and children and each of their respective spouses, regardless of residence, and any person living in such a person's household, whether related or not) are not eligible to participate.
- ENTRY PERIOD: The Giveaway begins at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") on April 13, 2021 and ends at 9:00 a.m. ET on April 16, 2021 (the "Entry Period"). Sponsor's computer is the official time-keeping device and Sponsor shall determine timeliness of entries in its sole discretion. Entries received after the Entry Period will not be eligible. Any proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor has the right to change the Entry Period, and all other dates or deadlines set in connection with this Giveaway, at any time and in its sole discretion.
- HOW TO ENTER: One Entry is permitted per Entrant. Entrant may be disqualified in Sponsor's sole discretion.
- ALTERNATIVE METHOD OF ENTRY: To enter via this method, e-mail Sponsor at email@example.com with the following entry information:
- E-mail address
- AMOE Entries that do not clearly provide all of the above-listed information will be deemed ineligible (as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion).
Important notice regarding online entry from your mobile device: Depending on your wireless service provider/plan, you may be subject to additional fees when accessing and using the mobile services from your device in connection with entering and participating in the Giveaway or communicating with Sponsor or its representatives. Entrants using this means of entry are solely responsible for all charges, fees and taxes associated with entry and participation in this Giveaway. Entrants should consult their wireless service provider regarding its pricing plans prior to participating via a mobile device.
RANDOM DRAWING AND NOTIFICATION: After the Entry Period, Sponsor will randomly select three (3) potential winners (each a "Potential Winner") from all eligible Entries received during the Entry Period. The winner is considered a Potential Winner pending verification of eligibility and compliance with these Rules. The Potential Winner will be contacted via Instagram or by e-mail (as applicable) approximately five (5) business days after the random drawing using the contact information given at the time of Entry in order to verify eligibility and confirm him or her as the winner. If Sponsor is unable to contact any Potential Winner or if the Potential Winner fails to comply with these Rules or applicable law, the Potential Winner’s Prize is forfeited and an alternative winner will be randomly selected.
The Prize will be awarded within approximately fourteen (14) days after a Potential Winner is verified by Sponsor and all "Winner Requirements” (detailed in section 8 below) have been met.
In the event of a dispute over the identity of the Potential Winner, Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email account submitted at the time of Entry. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person to whom the email address is assigned by an Internet service provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Sponsor will disqualify anyone suspected of entering by opening two separate accounts with different email addresses. The Potential Winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning Entry and that all eligibility requirements are met. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor's satisfaction, the affected Entry will be deemed ineligible. Entrant is responsible for notifying Sponsor in writing if his or her email or other contact information has changed.
- PRIZE AND THE APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE ("ARV"): Upon completion of the Winner Requirements, each Potential Winner will receive
- BOSE SLEEPBUDS™ II
- Beam Dream Bundle
The total approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Prize(s) awarded in this Giveaway are as shown:
- BOSE SLEEPBUDS™ II - $249.95
- Beam Dream Bundle - $76.00
The total approximate retail value (“ARV”) equals $325.95. There will be a total of five (5) winners in this Giveaway, making the total aggregate value of the Prize(s) awarded in this Giveaway $1,629.75. The ARV represents the Sponsor’s good faith determination of the maximum retail value thereof. Potential Winner may request color of the prize (as applicable and from the available color options) and size (as applicable and from the available sizes) and will be given the requested color and/or size, subject to availability. The Prize will be awarded only if the Potential Winner fully complies with these Rules. The Potential Winner agrees that he or she accepts the Prize at his or her own risk. No transfer, assignment, exchange, refund or substitution of a Prize (or portion of any Prize) is permitted unless Sponsor, in its sole discretion, determines otherwise. The Potential Winner must protect and treat the Prize as he or she would treat any other valuable document. Potential Winner will not receive cash or any other form of compensation if actual costs are less than the ARV in these Rules or in lieu of the Prize awarded. Prize may not be combined with any other offer or any other promotional benefit. If the Potential Winner is unable or unwilling to accept the Prize, or any portion thereof, as stated, the Prize may be forfeited in its entirety and may be awarded to an alternate winner at the sole discretion of Sponsor. All details and other restrictions of the Prize not specified in these Rules will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute an alternative prize, in whole or in part, of equal or greater monetary value if a prize becomes unavailable or cannot be awarded as described for any reason. The Prize will not be replaced or replenished if it is lost, stolen, damaged, destroyed or used without the winner's permission. Prize pictured in advertising, marketing or promotional materials is for illustrative purposes only. All costs, including federal, state and local taxes, insurance, any costs/expenses related to participation in the Giveaway or acceptance or use of the Prize, and other expenses not specifically identified as included in the Prize, are the sole responsibility of the winner. SPONSOR MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND REGARDING THE PRIZE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND THE WINNER SHALL TAKE THE PRIZE “AS IS” AND AT HIS OR HER OWN RISK.
Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
WINNER REQUIREMENTS: The Potential Winner must comply with all terms and conditions of these Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. If a Potential Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the Prize, and/or fails to return the Price Claim Documents within the applicable time period, Sponsor may elect to disqualify the Potential Winner, who will then forfeit his or her right to receive the Prize. In the event the Potential Winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may (in its sole discretion) award the Prize to an alternate winner selected by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible Entries or not award the Prize. Arrangements for delivery of the Prize will be made after winner validation. Potential Winner must be at least 18 years of age and the age of majority in his/her state/province or jurisdiction of primary residence.
Acceptance of any Prize shall constitute and signify the Potential Winner's agreement and consent that Sponsor may use the Potential Winner's name, city, state, likeness, photo, Entry, Photo Submission, and/or prize information in connection with the Giveaway for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law. Without limiting the generality of these Rules, the Potential Winner shall irrevocably grant, transfer, convey and assign to Sponsor the entirety of the rights in and to the Entry and all renewals and extensions of copyright, and the right to secure copyright registrations thereto in perpetuity including, without limitation, the rights to use the Entry for any and all purposes in any and all media whether now known or hereafter developed, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity. Potential Winner accepts and acknowledges that Sponsor shall not be obligated to use the Entry and that Sponsor in its sole discretion shall have the right to refrain from using the Entry. Sponsor shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsor chooses to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder.
- RELEASES AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By entering the Giveaway, each Entrant agrees to forever and irrevocably release and hold harmless Sponsor and each of its affiliates, parent companies, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, attorneys, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotional agencies, business partners, public relations, fulfillment and marketing agencies, website providers and their respective officers, directors, stockholders, employees, agents, and representatives (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all claims, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, injuries, losses, proceedings, demands, fines, penalties, liabilities, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys' fees and costs) (collectively, "Claims") related to this Giveaway or Prize, including without limitation, Claims that may arise in connection with: (i) incomplete, lost, late, stolen, damaged, misdirected or illegible Entries or for failure to receive Entries due to any cause including, but not limited to, human, transmission, or technical problems, failures, or malfunctions of any kind, whether originating with sender, Released Parties or otherwise, that may limit an Entrant's ability to participate in the Giveaway; (ii) acceptance, receipt, travel related to, participation in, delivery of, possession, defects in, use, non-use, misuse, inability to use, loss, damage, destruction, negligence or willful misconduct in connection with the use of the Prize (or any component thereof); (iii) any change in the Prize (or any components thereof) due to unavailability or due to reasons beyond Sponsor's control; (iv) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrant, printing or typographical errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Giveaway; (v) the violation of any third-party privacy, personal, publicity or proprietary rights; (vi) any interruptions in or postponement, cancellation or modification of the Giveaway or these Rules; (vii) any technical malfunctions or unavailability of any telephone network, computer system, online system, computer timing and/or dating mechanism, computer equipment, software or Internet service provider, or mail service utilized by any of the Released Parties or by an Entrant; (viii) any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of the Released Parties; (ix) death or personal injury caused by negligence any injuries, losses, liabilities or damages of any kind including personal injury or death caused by the Prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a Prize including participation in any activity or travel related thereto, or from participation in the Giveaway; or (x) any inability of the Potential Winner to accept or use the Prize (or portion thereof) for any reason. Released Parties assume no responsibility for any damage to an Entrant's computer system which is occasioned by accessing the websites of Released Parties or participating in the Giveaway, or for any computer system, phone line, mobile phone, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature, or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, error in Entries or selection announcement, or the failure to capture any information. Released Parties will not be responsible or liable for any Entries in excess of the stated limit or for Entries that are late, forged, lost, misplaced, misdirected, tampered with, incomplete, deleted, damaged, garbled or otherwise not in compliance with the Rules, and all such Entries may, in Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion, be disqualified. Entrant further agrees that Released Parties are in no matter responsible for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to the creation, administration or fulfillment of the Giveaway and/or the awarding of any prize. Released Parties will not be liable to Potential Winner, or any other person for failure to supply any prize or any part thereof, by reason of fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, explosion, labor dispute or strike, labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, any federal, state, or local government law, order, request, or regulation, or order of any court or jurisdiction (each a "Force Majeure" event or occurrence), or any other cause beyond Released Parties' control. Further, participants agree to waive the provisions of Civil Code Section 1542 which states: "A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR OR RELEASING PARTY DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE AND THAT, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER, WOULD HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR OR RELEASED PARTY." The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims. THE LIMITATIONS, EXCLUSIONS AND DISCLAIMERS IN THIS SECTION AND ELSEWHERE IN THESE RULES APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE APPLICABLE PORTIONS OF THESE RULES MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
ADDITIONAL RULES: Sponsor reserves the right to (i) permanently disqualify from any Giveaway it sponsors any person it believes has intentionally violated these Rules; and (ii) suspend, modify or terminate the Giveaway if Sponsor believes, in its sole discretion, that fraud, virus, tampering, malfunction, error, disruption, damage or any other cause beyond the control of Sponsor is impairing or will impair the administration, security, fairness, or integrity of the Giveaway. If, for any reason, the Giveaway is not capable of running as planned (including, without limitation, due to a Force Majeure event or any unanticipated occurrence that is not fully addressed in these Rules), Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify, or suspend the Giveaway or any element thereof. If, for any reason, more prize notifications are sent (or more claims are received) than the number of prizes offered, as set forth in these Rules, Sponsor reserves the right to award the intended number of prizes through a random drawing from among all eligible prize claims received. Sponsor may prohibit an Entrant from participating, winning, or accepting a prize (and void all associated Entries) if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway and associated prize by cheating, deception or other unfair practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other participants or Sponsor’s representatives. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Entrants must have a valid e-mail address, and it is Entrant's responsibility to update Sponsor of any change in e-mail address. Any violation of these Rules or any behavior of the Potential Winner that may bring the Potential Winner or Sponsor into disrepute (in Sponsor's sole discretion) or false and/or deceptive Entries or acts, including misrepresentation of age, may result in Potential Winner’s disqualification from the Giveaway and all privileges as a winner will be immediately terminated.
LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER OR VANDALIZE THIS SITE OR INTERFERE WITH OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE GIVEAWAY, IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND PURSUE ALL OTHER REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- DISPUTES; CHOICE OF LAW: ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE RULES, OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF THE ENTRANT AND SPONSOR IN CONNECTION WITH THE GIVEAWAY, SHALL BE GOVERNED BY, AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OR CONFLICT OF LAW RULES (WHETHER OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA OR ANY OTHER JURISDICTION), WHICH WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF THE LAWS OF ANY JURISDICTION OTHER THAN THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA. BY ENTERING THE GIVEAWAY, ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE GIVEAWAY, OR ANY AWARD AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, (IF ANY), NOT TO EXCEED TWO HUNDRED FIFTY DOLLARS ($250.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; AND 3) EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED, EACH PERSON WHO PARTICIPATES IN THE GIVEAWAY IRREVOCABLY AGREES THAT SUCH DISPUTE(S) WILL BE RESOLVED SOLELY BY BINDING ARBITRATION BEFORE A SOLE ARBITRATOR, WITH EXPERIENCE IN ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AND ENTERTAINMENT LAW, UNDER THE RULES AND REGULATIONS OF THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION ("AAA"); PROVIDED, HOWEVER, THAT NOTWITHSTANDING THE PARTIES' DECISION TO RESOLVE ANY AND ALL DISPUTES ARISING UNDER THIS GIVEAWAY THROUGH ARBITRATION, SPONSOR MAY (1) SEEK TO OBTAIN INJUNCTIVE RELIEF OR OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF FROM A COURT TO ENFORCE THE PROVISIONS OF THESE RULES; (2) BRING AN ACTION IN COURT TO PROTECT AND INTERPRET SPONSORS INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS; AND/OR (3) BRING AN ACTION TO ENFORCE THE DECISION OF THE ARBITRATOR BEFORE ANY COURT WITH APPLICABLE JURISDICTION. THE ARBITRATION WILL BE HELD IN LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA. THE ARBITRATOR WILL APPLY THE SUBSTANTIVE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, WILL ISSUE A WRITTEN DECISION AND WILL HAVE THE POWER TO AWARD ANY LEGAL REMEDIES EXCEPT AS LIMITED BY THESE RULES. The parties will split the arbitrator's fee; provided, however, if applicable law requires Sponsor to pay the arbitrator's fee in order for the arbitration provision to be enforceable, Sponsor shall have the discretion to pay such fees and proceed to arbitration. Entrant irrevocably waives any right to bring or join in any class action regarding the Giveaway. Judgment upon the arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. This arbitration provision shall be deemed to be self-executing, and in the event that any party fails to appear to any properly noticed arbitration proceeding, an award may be entered against such party notwithstanding said failure to appear.
- INDEMNITY: Each Entrant (including Potential Winner) shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, damages, actions, liability, loss, injury or expense, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, arising out of or in connection with: (a) Entrant’s participation in the Giveaway; (b) a breach or allegation which if true would constitute a breach of any of the representations, warranties or obligations herein; and (c) acceptance, possession, grant, or use of any Prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage arising therefrom.
- WINNER LIST: A list of the winner(s) will be available approximately one (1) week after the last day for AMOE entries. Requests must be received within thirty (30) days following the close of the Entry Period to firstname.lastname@example.org
- OFFICIAL RULES: For a copy of these Rules, email Sponsor at email@example.com. Requests must be received within thirty (30) days following the close of the Entry Period.
- SEVERABILITY: If any portion of these Rules should be held invalid or unenforceable for any reason, such portion shall be deemed modified or severed from this agreement in such a manner as to enable the remaining portions of these Rules to remain in full force and effect as if no invalid or unenforceable provision had been part of this agreement